We have found most of our customers prefer to book their appointments several weeks in advance, which helps us maintain a very efficient schedule allowing us to accommodate as many dogs as possible each day. We understand that schedules change and grooming appointments need to be re-arranged, however when an appointment is changed within 24 hours, it is very difficult and usually impossible for us to make that time available to another customer who has been waiting for an appointment. For this reason, our reschedule policy is as follows:
Reschedule & Cancellation Policy
The courtesy of 48 hours notice of an appointment change is greatly appreciated. Any appointments changed within 24 hours of the scheduled appointment will be subject to a reschedule fee equal to ½ of the normal grooming charge (i.e. if it is normally $80 for your dogs’ grooming, the reschedule fee will be $40).
No Show Policy
Occasionally, a grooming appointment will be forgotten and nobody will be home when we arrive. If we come to your home for an appointment which we have confirmed (either by phone or e-mail), and we are unable to access your dog, we will call all of the phone numbers we have for you, and as a courtesy we will wait 15 minutes. If we have been unable to reach anybody after 15 minutes, we will have to leave in order to keep our other appointments for the rest of the day. There will be a charge for the full cost of the groom (i.e. if it is normally $80 for your dogs’ grooming, the no-show fee will be $80) due and payable immediately.
Holiday Reschedule & Cancellation Policy
(effective November 8th through December 23rd)
We know how important it is for you to have a clean and nicely groomed pup for the holidays, and we want to be sure that as many customers as possible are able to enjoy that. Due to the demand and very tightly booked holiday schedule, it will be very unlikely that we will have any flexibility to make any time changes to appointments. For this reason, we will be increasing the 24 hour reschedule fee to the full price of the grooming (i.e. if it is normally $80 for your grooming, the reschedule fee during the holidays will be $80). We understand that the holidays can be a stressful and busy time for all of us so as a courtesy, we will also be confirming all of the holiday appointments at least 2 days in advance (instead of the normal night before) in order to minimize the occurrence of rescheduling issues.
* The Fairy Dogmother will arrive as close to the scheduled appointment time as possible. However, we will never jeopardize the safety or well-being of our customers' pets by hastening a groom. Nor will we put ourselves at unnecessary risk by rushing to the next appointment. We will call you and advise you of the change in arrival time.
* Your pet’s safety and comfort is our primary concern. Please advise us of any allergies, sensitivities, or pre-existing medical conditions so we can avoid aggravating these situations. Please let us know of any prior grooming history you or your pet may not have found totally satisfactory. We want to avoid the repetition of poor or unpleasant experiences or situations.
* Although The Fairy Dogmother uses only the finest pet products available, you may have a special shampoo or conditioner that you prefer on your pet. Please allow us to use it to assure comfort and consistency to your pet’s groom.
* The Fairy Dogmother understands some pets are extremely sensitive to certain grooming procedures such as trimming nails or cleaning ears. It is not our intent to cause discomfort to your pet. Although these are routine procedures normally performed for the well-being of the pet, we will not continue with any grooming procedure that will cause pain or discomfort to the pet. Sometimes, for the overly sensitive pet, these procedures are best left to the care of a veterinarian.
* Although most pets are very well behaved, not all are “perfect angels.” We understand this and welcome meeting these different personalities as part of our job. However, for the benefit of all involved, we will not provide services for vicious or aggressive attitudes and we reserve the right to refuse service to these pets
* We will NOT de-mat a pet that has extreme matting. Excessive de-matting is a painful, time-consuming, and costly procedure that causes extreme discomfort and can aggravate (or cause) skin problems. This is a total contradiction to the stress-free philosophy of mobile grooming and we are not willing to traumatize a dog in order to keep their coat long. Sometimes the pet is so badly matted that the hair must be completely clipped off, allowing new, healthy hair to grow. Excessive matting can be avoided with regular brushing and grooming, and we will be happy to show you some brushing techniques for mat prevention.
Returned Check Policy
The Fairy Dogmother prefers cash for the first visit. Subsequent visits may be paid with cash, personal check, or a credit card. Returned checks will be subject to a $25.00 or 10% returned check fee, whichever amount is greater.